The day finally arrived. The one I was not too anxious for. Emma had her first day of kindergarten. She woke up early and was very excited for her special day. Everything about the morning made her happy, especially the idea that both mommy and daddy would be taking her to school. Emma did a great job going into the classroom and putting her things away. She loved having her own locker and table with her name on it. When it was time for us to leave is when she got clingy. She never cried but held onto us with extra hugs. She was brave and I tried my best to put my brave face on. There were a few tears but I quickly wiped them away because I wanted her to be happy. We are so very proud of Emma and the strong girl that she is.
My kindergartner.
She wanted to walk backwards to school.
Off she goes.
In front of her class.
Her locker.
Reading her book while she waits for class to start.
Squeezes
& hugs.


3 comments:
Yay Emma! It sounds like your first day was a success...and you look beautiful and so grown up!
I am so thrilled it went well!!! she looks crazy cute and i love the sign. i missed out on that memo this year :)
She's going to have a great year! :). I love that she wanted to walk backwards and that she played school. Mya does that with River now too. Our babies are growing up too fast. :(
Post a Comment