Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Very Merry Christmas

Our family had a wonderful Christmas this year. We celebrated with my parents and enjoyed a quiet Christmas at home. It was great thinking about all our blessings, especially our kiddos. They both are the best presents we could ever receive and we try very hard to make their days joyous. I find it interesting that growing up I was always quick to know what I want for Christmas and I was still that way until I had kids. Now I find myself in my parent's shoes, where I really don't need anything and I care more about what the kids are getting. I never thought I would see that day b/c I have always enjoyed unwrapping presents and don't get me wrong I still do, but the fun the kids have is so much more important to me.

We started our Christmas celebration the night before with going to church and putting cookies out for Santa.


Emma in the winter scene they had at church. If you recall, this is the same dress she wore last year. I decided to go with it again b/c it fit perfectly.



Family photo at church. We had to get there early to get front row seats to hear Rick Trevino (a well known Texas singer) preform. Honestly I had no idea he would be singing until after the service and I saw his cd for sale. Then I put two and two together.


Putting out our cookies that we made with Gammie for Santa. Emma tried to eat some but we were able to wrestle a few for Santa.


Christmas morning! Emma was so excited to open gifts. She had even tried opening a few the day before. This is her waiting for Gammie and Papa to arrive.


Emma with all the presents. I think she was overwhelmed with the amount of gifts to open.


Me and my girls, the best presents ever!! Emma being born so close to Christmas and we found out we were pregnant with Abby the day after Christmas last year. Such a special time of year.


A family photo. The girls did have matching pjs but a very cute baby decided to change things up by taking matters into her own hands.


Emma with her new mixer that Santa brought. Now she can bake right along side her mommy.


Where is Abby? She blends in with all the presents.


My little cutie!


My husband did well! He knows my love for designer purses and I am always wanting to add to my collection, so he got me a Louis Vuitton. Thanks Andy!!


Andy's surprise gift was a new ipod nano.


I think my mom got the best surprise of all, a brand new color Nook from my dad. She had no clue and was brought to tears. If you know my mom then you know she loves to read and the Nook is all she has been talking about.


Someone was worn out from all the unwrapping.


Emma with her new ride, a wagon. This is all she has been asking for from Santa. I am so glad he brought her one.

Now it is time to play with all the new goodies!!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

looks like you guys had an awesome christmas! i especially love that you had the 'fire' going on the tv!! haha! we'll have to remember that for next year, since we have no fire place.

Cassie said...

What wonderful time! LOVE the new purse- bravo Andy, bravo :)

Kristen said...

Looks like you all won this Christmas! Love the family pic in the pjs :)