Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Emma at 3



My little lady had her 3 year well check today and I thought this would be a good time to talk about all the things my 3 year old is up too. I just don't want to forget these precious moments.

First her stats:

Weight: 23 lbs (not on the growth chart)
Height: 34 inches (not on the growth chart)

Next all the things Emma is up too:

-Starting drinking from a straw!! So excited about this!
-Still a very picky eater but has added lettuce, spinach, chocolate chips, sometimes pasta, raisins and grapes to her diet
-Loves to sing, especially Happy Birthday, Twinkle Twinkle, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, and Frosty the Snowman
-Can spell her name and Abby's name
-Can count from 1-30
-Can count by tens from 10 - 90
-Can count from 1-10 in spanish
-Knows her alphabet
-Learning her days of the week
-Knows a handful of opposites like, up and down, hot and cold, on and off, tall and short
-Talking up a storm! She is talking in three to five word sentences. 6 months ago it was difficult just getting her to talk with one or two words. Great job Emma!!
-Loves to play at the park.
-Enjoys being outdoors and discovering all it has to offer
-Still loves to bake and is always asking to make cookies. She can recite the chocolate chip cookie recipe.
-Says "I love you" and it melts my heart
-Learning to brush her own teeth
-Always wants a pretty bow in her hair
-Loves her new school and can't stop talking about all her teachers and friends
-Must sit at the steering wheel when we get home from school and pretend to drive
-Is a fabulous big sister to Abby
-Loves to play in her playroom. Her favorite activities are making cookies, bowling, playing the memory game, listening to her record player, playing choo choo, taking care of her baby, and jumping on her trampoline
-Cannot get enough of reading books
-Overall a great toddler! It is rare that we need discipline her.


5 comments:

Mya and River said...

Emma, you are so, so amazing! What a wonderful little girl you are too. No discipline? Ohhhh, I wish I could say that too. What lucky parents you are!

Anonymous said...

WOW Miss Emma!! I am so impressed by all your wonderful accomplishments. I must say you can do more at three than some kiddos can at 5 when entering school! What a good Mommy and Daddy you must have.

Happy Belated Birthday!

Kristen said...

Awesome Emma!!! Your parents are so lucky to have such a sweet, cute, smart girl :)

Kristen said...

holy cow!! emma knows so much stuff!! go emma go! i need to start working with annie more!

Cassie said...

Wow! I am impressed Emma! well, I always knew you were smart, well behaved, and precious! and yes, I am thinking I need to work with Alex more too. eek. :)