Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Day of School

Today was Emma's first day of school. It went better then expected but it was hard on the both of us (meaning Emma and me). I find it very hard leaving Emma with other people, especially when I do not know them that well. Don't get me wrong the teachers are very nice and have tons of experince but they do not have experience with my child.

When we got to the school, Emma put on her sad face which made me sad. What was even harder is when we got to the door to the classroom she started to cry. I had to fight to hold back my tears. The teacher was very nice and comforting and Emma took to her right away so that made it easier. I had to quickly drop off her backpack and lunchbox before there were any more break downs.

After I left I went to Target and it was weird not having Emma with me. I saw all the other moms with their babies and it was making me want mine. When I went home I was not sure what to do with myself. I am sure all that will change once I get use to it.

Finally it was time to go pick up Emma and if you know me then you know I was early. The teacher said Emma did great. She slept a little in the teacher's arms and then perked up after that. She enjoyed music time and play time and was a champion eater. I was very happy to hear she had a great time.


I am ready for school Mom.


I am not too sure about this place.


Check out the backpack. It is as big as Emma.


Come on Emma, your classroom is this way.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

That is adorable!! I love the huge backpack. I'm so glad it went well...I am jealous of your time alone!

Kristen said...

glad it went so well! she looks really cute, i'm especially digging those shoes!

Kristen said...

How do you notice these things, Gohean??? Oh wait...you are the shoe queen!! They are cute...where did you get them, Solomon?

Elizabeth said...

school? wow, time is flyong by.... glad she is doing well though... before you know it, you'll be filling that time with lots to do!!!

Mya and River said...

Awe!!! So sorry I wasn't there to go with you, but it looks like you had someone? Andy? I'm glad Emma liked it. You are much braver than me!! I would have cried like a baby and then taken her home. lol

Brandy said...

YAY for Emma and school. We are looking for a MDO too, but I'm not sure I'm ready. Congrats on the big step.