Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Abigail Marian's Baptism

This afternoon we had Abigail Marian's baptism. It was a beautiful ceremony with just our family. I love that both my girls have been baptized in the church where I grew up and received my first communion. We are blessed with our little ones and are thankful to be sharing them with God. They are truly the greatest gift I have been blessed with along with the love of my husband.


My little darling! Oh my gosh I just think she is so darn cute!!


A family picture. Emma was on the verge of falling asleep. She slept through the whole baptism. Thanks Gammie for holding her.


Emma wearing the same dress at her baptism. I am so excited to be able to start a tradition with this dress. I hope one day their children will wear this dress.


Me and my cutie pie!!


Abby getting baptized with holy water. She was not a fan of the water on her head.


Abby's godparents (my brother Nate and sister-in-law Rebecca) lighting the baptismal candle.


A picture with Father Larry. We thank him for blessing us with a private ceremony.


Abby with her godparents.


After the baptism, we had a celebration dinner. All Emma wanted was the cupcakes I made for the celebration. It is hard to see, but she is biting the cupcake carrier. I guess she thought it would taste like cupcake.

4 comments:

Mya and River said...

How beautiful! And what a great tradition to start with the gown. :) Emma, I don't blame you for waking up for the best part, your momma's cupcakes. :) Abby is looking so different, so much older already!

Kristen said...

Abby looks beautiful!! I agree with Brandy, she does look so much older all of a sudden. Great family pic!

Kristen said...

what a special day! so glad you guys got to celebrate it with family.

Cassie said...

She did look beautiful in that beautiful dress! congratulations miss abigail!