Thursday, August 26, 2010

Memorable Moments

As this pregnancy is coming to an end I would like to reflect on some funny things my wonderful husband has said. Before we do get to those sayings I would like to thank him for being an amazing husband and father. There has never been a time when he has not stepped up to the plate to help out with something, especially towards the end of the pregnancy. Every morning he gets up with Emma b/c he knows I do not sleep well at night. One day I was able to sleep until 8:20. I was shocked when I looked at the clock b/c I usually am up by 7:00. I have a hard time staying in bed when I know Emma is up and Andy needs to get to work. It was a wonderful treat. He also will cook and clean if I ask him. Though I am such a micro manager when it comes to the house so I really try to avoid doing this unless absolutely necessary. But he will do it and do it with a smile. Thank you Andy for all you do. Emma and our new little girl are very blessed to have you as a father.

Ok now some funny things:

-The hospital recently added on a new labor and delivery center and I informed Andy that we should take a tour. His response was why do we need a tour. I responded with, so we know where to go when the baby comes.

-One day we were driving in the car and I of course was being a backseat driver (usually I drive for the sanity of our marriage) and Andy informed me since I did not like his driving that I could drive myself when I was in labor (he said it in a funny way) and now I can't help but laugh at this. Who knows it might happen.

-Since labor can take some time, Andy suggested that maybe I should read a book during labor. I am wondering if he remembers the first time we went through this and how I was in pain and could not sit down.

-As the end is nearing I am having a hard time being patient, especially since I like to plan things, so Andy went on a website to read about things to do to distract myself and one thing he suggested to me after reading the website was making a birthday cake for the baby. I told him that is hard to do since I do not know when she is coming and he said that maybe I should make a new one every few days.

Oh Andy I love you so much but there are times when you are just too silly. Thanks for being my husband!!


Andy and Emma at the arboretum where we had lunch today. Emma of course was distracted by something and would not look at the camera. We are really having a hard time these days getting her to look at us with the camera and smiling. She is very anti camera.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I usually drive too b/c I am also a back seat driver. My favorite is making a birthday cake every few days for the baby...I am still laughing!!! Feel free to share the cakes that go to waste :)

Mya and River said...

Come on Kristen, why can't you just start making cakes? ;) You really do have a great husband! When I was sick, I wanted to go to bed instead of clean the kitchen and Ryder said, "You can do it tomorrow." Thanks, dear! So Andy, you're the man!!

Kristen said...

men... they always know just what to say. i think jeff said something along the lines of "well, you don't look that big for being 39 weeks pregnant" or something like that.
i wanted to smack him! :)

Cassie said...

awesome! love those guys! :)