Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Big Night Out

On Saturday night, Andy and I headed downtown to celebrate our wedding anniversary at Sullivan's Steakhouse. This is the place where we had our first date, where we went the night we got engaged, and where we have celebrated past anniversaries. The place has special meaning to us and they make fabulous macaroni and cheese (I know that might seem silly but I love the stuff). We had a great time relaxing and enjoying a delicious meal and wonderful company. It was so nice be able to focus on us and our conversation.

On the other end of town, Emma had her first sleepover at Gammie and Papa's house. This was very hard for me b/c I have never left her overnight, except for when she was in ICU recovering from her surgery. But even then she was never alone because everyone took shifts to be with her at all times. So I was nervous being away from my little girl overnight. I am very proud that all of us did well. Emma had a blast playing at Gammie and Papa's. I think her new favorite activity is sitting in Papa's Jeep and pretending to drive it and beep the horn. I think she has inherited the car gene from the Erickson's. We all love cars!


Andy and me on our way to a wonderful dinner.


Emma driving the Jeep.


4 comments:

Mya and River said...

OH yay, you did it!! I bet it was so wonderful! Now you can leave her every weekend. ;) Just kidding.

Kristen said...

Congratulations on your first night!! I bet it was weird. I LOVE Sullivans too...especially back when I ate steak!

Elizabeth said...

Dude, LOVE the dress!

Kristen said...

yay! the first time is the hardest... now i'd love to leave annie over at my mom and dad's at least once a week if i could!